Monday, September 12, 2011

Priscilla of Boston Closes


Priscilla of Boston is Closing 

The wedding dress boutique based in Boston, a branch off of David's Bridal, has decided to close it's doors after 65 years to put more focus on the David's Bridal brand. The store and website will stay open until December 31st, 2011 and is having at least 40% off on most of the stock. Priscilla's offered a statement saying;

“After nearly 65 years of serving America’s most beautiful brides, we have made the difficult decision to close Priscilla of Boston salons and the Priscilla of Boston portfolio of brands. This decision allows us to focus our resources on our sister division, David’s Bridal, to further accelerate David's growth and strengthen our industry leadership.”

My sister and I, for two, are heartbroken. My cousin's wife bought her wedding dress from Priscilla's two years ago and I always envisioned myself getting my dress from the store. On the bright side, perhaps this means that all the David's Boutiques will have a serious facelift! 

See the last of these gorgeous gowns on their website

No comments:

Post a Comment